Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I found the country...

I ended up taking a really long hot ride yesterday afternoon, but it was a blast. I managed to find the country, which is great because it's so much cooler than city riding. This route was about 118 miles, according to the GPS. Somehow I ended up putting about 150 miles on the bike yesterday, so I'm not sure what the difference was.



I found some country roads west of Orlando. They were pretty empty, and even the smaller roads are in really good shape for motorcycle riding. I should have taken some photos, but I was having a Zen experience (probably due to the heat stroke) and so I didn't bother. I will some other time though. It was really interesting to see the variation in terrain in Florida. I went through some really mossy woods, I found some hills and curves, and I went over some pretty flat scrub. The lakes are nice and I saw quite a bit of cattle between Haines City and Kissimmee.



My next long ride is probably going to be a loop around A1A (Daytona and Cocoa Beach). I'll definitely try to get some pictures from that.

No comments: